Friday, September 21, 2007

Perceptions Personalized

Humans are known to have a million perceptions about a million different things, paving a way to more 'in my humble opinion...' and 'no, you see, I beg to differ.'

Almost 21 years ago, I was born and 5 years ago, I died. A month ago, my semester ended and now I'm left with a month more to do whatever I can before school reopens again, namely working and working. There are other tons of things to do and time to pass. When I was fretting over unemployment only a week ago, I had to find a way to pass time and do something and there were the lovely Internet, and my parents' and friends' desperation for me to get a job. Now that I have a job or rather 2, (I'm still trying to work it out), I believe time has froze, at least for me. It's a selfish and very human perception in itself of course; perceiving entirely differently, if not opposite of the same matter. Time, abstract and heavily shrouded aids survival and accomplishments but time has also made living impatient.

2 out of 4 lifts at work broke down while the remaining 2 took a year to drop a level. The lobby where my desk was, instantly filled itself with people, and impatience taking a corporate form. Taking time out of a hectic schedule to wait for faulty machines was not part of the plan and naturally in an instant, time and efficency defined differently and negatively. And I sat watching and waiting, more impatient than anyone else for the clock to strike 8. As soon as I got home, showered and really sat down, time's an Olympic runner, its eyes on the time breaking record and pride. Sometimes I understood that one minute is actually a very very long time and sometimes I don't. Intriguing, isn't it, how the same thing could meant a different time every time.

While it took me nothing to forget the most trivial stuff like Tara's middle and last name and lunch, it took me a fucking long while to remember what I wanted to update on, only to not wanna write about it no more because it's simply someone else's deal and hardly mine and I just know too little to write anything smart about it. And you know me, I breathe only for irony. And of course the f word. Oh yeah, good times, people, good times.

No comments: