Friday, February 22, 2008

Ok, it's the last day of the week and I am so tired but it was ok. I always am when the week would come to a close. Typically, I would have had Service today and would not have otherwise been crying. It was an all-new today. I caught 2 movies in a row. The first one was PS: I Love You starring Hilary Swank, Gerald Butler, James Marster and Lisa Kudrow (Phoebe in Friends) and the other one was Ah Long Pte Ltd starring Fann Wong and Mark Lee. I watched the first one first. It wasn't a total full score from the book itself with the same name written by Cecila Ahern, an Irish author, when she was still in school and book published when she was 21. There were parts added in and parts not added in. It's a new thing away from the book, if you have read the book, that is. I would recommend Kleenex and no popcorn for this. You wanna avoid the mess.

Ah Long, on the other hand, didn't quite do it for me. I was totally just watching for Fann Wong because I really like her, no matter what anyone would say. I didn't go in knowing the plot or the ending or the comments and reviews. I was just along for the ride. It is supposed to reflect life as some of us would know it. How money can change a person's life, how power can devour. I personally can't live without knowing I have money in my wallet and in the bank account. I've yet achieved that level of security. My family isn't exactly well-to-do and we are owning money, corporations and banks and maybe people, I wouldn't know. And it's a good feeling that I have some money to do what I want. And I could go out anytime, like today, on a Friday for movies, which I never ever do. And I would like to keep that feeling.

I spent my last 20 bucks on a piece of CD. I was very excited. I've not bought a CD in ages and I was trying my luck in the store, reading on the R's because I was looking for her.


Her name's Rachael Yamagata, she's 30 and well, god bless her. She writes and plays the piano and the guitar and she has actually came to Singapore for one of the Mosaic Festivals thing. She has cats and a wicked sense of humor which I liked a lot. Her mother is of Italian and German heritage, is a painter/artist while her father's American Japanese. She's really good so please, people, if you know what's good, look her up! But if you are already friends with me, you know what to do.

It's the exams next week and I've been trying to kill myself over it, with lecture notes and my own notes and throwing questions from the year-end papers but I am still not doing enough. This is me, it's how I deal, and not ideally. I would never study for anything. I suck as a student and probably as a person but come on, life's shorter than the expressway. I don't wanna live reading from books, studying for exams, even though I really should...but really, who I am kidding here?

No comments: