Thursday, May 20, 2010

Stars. A clutter of beautiful mess.

The air we breathe in each day is suffused with everyone's emotions, unspoken words and thoughts. If I could share a kiss with you, I may just be able to know what you feel, and the words you never said. We'll be soulmates. And I'll fall in love with you everyday. I'll read your mind and love you when you least deserve it. I'll bite down softly on your lips to finish your sentences. I'll trace your name on my skin so my fingers wouldn't forget exactly how you feel. A long drawn out sigh conveys a lot more than you can bear to understand and while I am not here to be compared. Silly dear, I'm not staring into space. I am reading your broken dreams, your joy and unspoken ideas hanging in the air.

What am I thinking right this minute, you ask, I am thinking about you, of you. I am deciphering you one molecule at a time. Tearing you apart and meshing you up so I could match you with my still beating heart. You can look away.

You deserve so much more. You deserve to be free and to find love and pursue passions that would put his dreams to shame. And one of these days, you will put two to two and realize why you left in the first place. The invisible words that are floating around, lingering like old souls, I will capture them and put it on paper. I am staring at you now.

I can't help it if you're blinding like the light that warm my wounded heart. I am at a loss for words and reflexes. Imagine the irony of being set aflame but yet still dead.

A beautiful mess, a disaster waiting to happen, that's how I would sum it up. I fell in love with parts unknown. I fell in love with someone I have to let go of. I will close my eyes tonight and imagine you close to me. At least we have met and I'm no stranger when you spell out my name under the most unexpected circumstances. I pray you would delight me with your voice and laughter everyday, like you have absentmindedly promised.

Listen, when you're gone, just take a deep breath and I'm right there with you, filling your heart with calm.

Hmm, whoever said the air is silent.

"A Beautiful Mess"

You've got the best of both worlds
You're the kind of girl who can take down a man,
And lift him back up again

You are strong but you're needy,
Humble but you're greedy
And based on your body language,
And shoddy cursive I've been reading

Your style is quite selective,
though your mind is rather reckless
Well I guess it just suggests
that this is just what happiness is

Hey, what a beautiful mess this is
It's like we're picking up trash in dresses

Well, it kind of hurts when the kind of words you write
Kind of turn themselves into knives
And don't mind my nerve, you could call it fiction
But I like being submerged in your contradictions, dear
'Cause here we are, here we are

Although you are biased I love your advice
Your comebacks they're quick
And probably have to do with your insecurities
There's no shame in being crazy,
Depending on how you take these
Words I'm paraphrasing this relationship we're staging

And what a beautiful mess, this is
It's like we're picking up trash in dresses

Well, it kind of hurts when the kind of words you say
Kind of turn themselves into blades
And the kind and courteous is a life I've heard
But it's so nice to say that we played in the dirt
Cause here, here we are, Here we are
Here we are [x7]

We're still here
What a beautiful mess, this is
It's like taking a guess when the only answer is "Yes"

Through timeless words and priceless pictures
We'll fly like birds not of this earth

And tides they turn and hearts disfigured
But that's no concern when we're wounded together

And we, tore our dresses and stained our shirts
But it's nice today. Oh the way, it was so worth it.


©Jason Mraz, We Sing, We Dance, We Steal Things ~ Track 12, A Beautiful Mess ~

http://www.haoting.com/musiclist/ht_cb2e349b5dabfa4f.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD9iDZHrQjw

No comments: