Monday, May 25, 2009

Letters, Strings and All VII

now, how am i supposed to find out what lies
beneath the quiet fixture if i can't feel your hand on my breast, your finger tracing the angle of my face and your lips on me?

now, how am i supposed to see anything if i can't
look into your eyes, and watch it shine
brown like wood, bright, like stars at night?

now, how am i supposed to feel anything if i can't
feel your heart beat in my palm, a steady rhythm?

now, how am i supposed to hear anything if i can't
hear you whisper I love you into my ears when we go to
bed?

now, how am i supposed to taste anything if weren't for your tongue and when you come?

now, how am i supposed to smell anything if weren't that apple-vanilla scent you carry?

every night i emptied my heart
but by morning it's full again
soft droplets of you seeped through the night through soft caresses
i know i'll wake up to a day bruised with yearning
of thoughts, of fond memories of us, of that night.

liebe Ich Sie immer und mein Herz gehört nur Ihnen und sonst niemandem

Liebe,
Liesl
1 April 2002

No comments: