Thursday, August 19, 2010

She's a yellow pair of running shoes
My only pair of demin jeans
She looks great in my oversized tee-shirt
She looks great in anything and even better underneath
She's my silly who can't find a thing to wear in the morning and whom I have to coax into eating
She's "I want a piece of chocolate, take me to the movie even if I can't hear it,"
She's the one in Alex's Yankee baseball cap, her blond hair blowing against her face in the wind
She's a soft place to land, and a hard fighter
Warm conversations in bed, she's the giver I wish I could be
And the stealer of the covers
She's the hand I want getting the lay of my land
For the rest of my life, forever until it ends

You'd think her weird for a German who doesn't drink
You'd think her unrealistic cause' she's my hopeless dreamer and romantic
You'd know her as my nature-loving girlfriend who kisses trees and name them me
You'd know her as my Saturdays and Sundays and all the days in between

She's a bubble bath and candles
She's a "baby, come and kiss me,"
She's a picture in my wallet
Of my unborn children's mother
She's the ring on my finger
the only commitment I wanna be committee on
She's the hand that I'm holding when I'm crossing the traffic at 90
Or the squeaky rocking chair I want rocking beside me

She's the answer to my prayers, the song that I'm playing
She's the simple truth and life's biggest mystery
She's the voice I love to hear when she so infrequently speaks

Yeah, I see that now.
She was everything I need.

No comments: