Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I can't stop looking at my tattoos
You're the reason why I couldn't stop staring at you
I'm literally wearing you on my sleeve now
All those years of being without


I wish I could still feel you under my skin
Feel your breath and essence suffused in every cell of my body
My roses and skull
My gun
The old school film camera
The tiny script behind my ear
They all remind me of you and why you're not here

Why do you think I got them in the first place?
Why do you think I subjected myself to all that pain without batting an eyelid, without turning green in the face?

Today, I'm putting that gun away
I'm wiping the wheels clean
I'm gonna stop running,
stop defiling your lovely memory

I know I haven't been the most convincing lately
I kept running back to you
The late-night tears kept coming
No, it isn't fair, you tell me
Heck, it isn't even half-right
But do believe me now

But that's all I'm asking

For a last chance
For a last wish
I love you, Tara
Now that, you can believe

Published with Blogger-droid v1.4.9

No comments: