Sunday, December 14, 2008

People just leave now, don't they?Just walking away, turning that tiny corner and vanishing into thin airBecause that's what they do bestAnd no one knows where they goI am nobody's businessThey don't leave nothing but a bunch of griefNot a single syallable on a piece of crushed paper or money burntAnd you are just here, waitingHow does anyone do this?Wake up and go to sleep, Don't they ever make a sound, maybe cry at night, yell a little?Look for their true faces in the mirror, never finding itPretend it's not all over because it's really isPretend it's all over when you are still cryingWhat is real and what is dream?What keeps you moving when everything else stops?Can you please tell me a story?
The one in which nobody dies in.
Please, just hear and lead me,
Down that very long aisle.
I will be happy.
Could you sing me a line, a familiar one, so I’ll know why.
Why she left,
Me here.

No comments: