Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Waking Up Part What?

I drank today, Duvel and Westmalle Triple and I gotta realize that alcohol's no longer my pal no more for it has learn to agitate. I know, I know, doctor's orders. No caffeine, no alcohol and nothing too agitating like a dead girlfriend and a deader me. I get that. It's in my fucking head. Sometimes, for example, tonight, I just wanna sleep the life of me away and really just, forget about the whole waking up deal. I could dream, I could cry in my dream, not having to worry about holding it all up together like a normal human being. I could sing so loud I would never sing any other song. Trust me not, for I am not yet crazy.

I also make a comprehension that a pint of ice cream might just do the trick of waking me up, not completely but still. Oh yeah, Haagen Daz, baby. Could have been my first easy. It's such a fragile line, you see, to care for someone, anyone and I would hate to break that. I am supposed to see things in the light but it's so hard. I see darkness and I am comfortable with that. No questions asked, no answers ever needed. I just dwell and linger for the last decade. But I can't do that anymore. I can't keep myself in my head. I have to free fall into the fucking realm of changes and be ok with that. So I will. There is nothing I cannot do.

Come to me now And lay your hands over me Even if it's a lie Say it will be alright And I shall believe I'm broken in two And I know you're on to me That I only come home When I'm so all alone But I do believe That not everything is gonna be the way You think it ought to be It seems like every time I try to make it right It all comes down on me Please say honestly you won't give up on me And I shall believe And I shall believe Open the door And show me your face tonight I know it's true No one heals me like you And you hold the key Never again would I turn away from you I'm so heavy tonight But your love is alright And I do believe That not everything is gonna be the way You think it ought to be It seems like every time I try to make it right It all comes down on me Please say honestly You won't give up on me And I shall believe I shall believe And I shall believe

©Sheryl Crow ~ I Shall Believe ~

No comments: