Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Oh Lover...

Oh lover,
Would you keep longin'?
For me to come home
'Cause this road I'm on...
For good, I'm lost.

Oh lover,
Would you say no?
Turn your head and walk on
Never to look me in the eye
Deepen the blow
'Cause I can't fight no more
Happiness' wages such a wicked war
Drive me home, why don't you?

Take me home
Hang me up against your wall, our headboard
Do you remember what we have done and talked about?
The dark streets, the filling of bloody holes
Have you always looked this peaceful?
Lying in our bed, in between these sheets...

I am looking in, from outside these windows
Looking in as I have once promised in my sleep
Are those tears flowing?
How dare they stain your pale cheeks!
Would you have blamed me?
If you know I left before sunlight creeps in,
Would you have made a sound?

Please don't tell me what I should otherwise think!
The day's not here to please
Oh God, I'm so sorry
Please just smile, my darling
I am not here to save you,
Someone else, someday will do
I am only here to love you

Trace my name softly on my grave, why don't you?
On that cool morning...

No comments: