Thursday, November 13, 2008

Open Addiction

The open addiction I don’t wanna fix
So many things to keep me breathing
So much more to keep me wanting
But this is the last place I wanna find myself in
No more giving up, no more white towels thrown in

The open addiction I can’t quit
The painful hook swinging in my face
And I ran, if I could but don’t wanna
Where will I turn to?
Where will I rest my body in?
Will I fly?

Her face is fading, so is my identity
She, my open addiction
Tattoos, my salvation
Hollow, when I am finally filled

Fuck the world, they say
But I don’t wanna
I’m keeping it right here
I am not a traitor
I am only a girl
Only baffled
Laid broken each night
Quiet, tears, quiet, blood

The open addiction I carry around like pretty jewellery
Promise one fine day to redeem me.

No comments: