Monday, July 26, 2010

Letters, Strings and All 13

Dear Love,

There are few mornings when I'm up early enough to see the sun rise and stream into the room. I love how the sun rays pentrated through the purple window pane, making tiny rainbows on your exposed skin.

It generally proves impossible to be up before the alarm - you usually tire me out too much. But last night you stayed over and all we did was snuggle. I didn't mind. What can be more intimate than this? Every possible inch of our skins melding into a single entity, my breasts to your back, no clothes to hamper the sensation. If I lie quiet and still enough, I would hear the blood pulsing through your veins, your little heart pumping away in a soothing rhythm. You breathe softly, evenly, just as you do when you're in a deep slumber. I lean forward the tiniest bit to place a soft kiss on the back of your neck. As I pull away, you turn in my arms and smile at me, your eyes closed, still asleep. The thin sheet slipping off your shoulders, revealing your breasts. I raised myself on one elbow to watch you sleep.

The rays of the morning sun diffuse through the window, wrapping your body in a quiet, beautiful light. Your normally pale neck is pink with sun-lit blood, flawless like marble and sweet like a peppermint lollypop. The shadows created by the sun, the curves of your body and the placement of the sheets dance a magical dance on your skin as you breathe, your chest rises and falls. The red of your lips is illuminated so that its moist softness shines as if covered in dew. You part your lips ever so slightly and lets out a sigh. As you roll towards me, I hear my name whispered in slumber. I smile, and lean in to kiss you on your lips, eliciting another sigh of contentment.

The sun rises higher in the sky and while it shines on you from a lower angle before, it now streams over you with a passion, igniting every part of you with a radiance that takes my breath away. Your hair, ardent in any situation, now seems to be made of flame itself as the sun dances between the strands. You shift slightly and your hair falls softly around your face, framing your cheeks with fire. A tear slips out of my eye in wonder that I am the only one you will ever let witness this staggering sight, of your entire body aflame with benevolent fire. You told me one time that you would never leave me, that you would love me forever, and while a part of my mind refused to believe it, my heart and soul accepted your truth and returned it full force.

I am so close to you now that my tear falls on your nose. You sniff and reach up to wipe it away, smilingly grumpily. I grin and you open your eyes, and the sunlight hits the brown and sparks resembling burning woods ignite in them to offset the red that envelops the rest of you. I gasp at the splendour of it, and you wrinkle your brow in bafflement. Knowing you're about to speak, I capture your lips with mine in a soft kiss to keep this morning perfect.

When we pull apart, you smile at me in love, understanding my quirks and oddities, which you really wouldn't mind as long as they result in kissing. I grin back, my eyes meeting yours, sapphire gaze mixing with brown hues, and lean in for another kiss, my tongue gaining easy access. Our hair mingles, my gold strands interweaving with your brown hair until we pull apart again. I trace your jawline with my fingers and you cover my hand with yours and we sit together, for what seems like an eternity, in the glow.

Tara

No comments: